Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where Can I Get Dime Bars In Australia

It never ends

We never stop learning.

But in addition, it is a joy to see what was learned or known practice, the experiment only as a spectator.

I was invited to attend one of the buildings in the parliament "Westminster", in the finals of a competition between young London's Conservative party, a contest of discussion at the way we did in the Parliament.

a motion, proposal, and its refutation. Two teams each with two young university. A team of judges, chosen among the top leaders of various organizations in public debate and speech in London, whom I knew already at another debate.

At the end, an MP Lord in power, I still have to learn his role in the government, but it was a magnificent orator and debater during questions and answers at the end.

First, I learned what absolutely must not do.

Talking too quickly, to put more and more arguments to his side. Beyond his time. Show stage fright. Do not let the audience absorb and break what they say.

This he did, unfortunately the team did not win.

We were inundated with arguments and figures.

The other team has shown since the beginning, self-confidence, already, as they listened to the arguments of the opponent, looking at them, but with an "air of superiority." They said then less and more slowly but more clearly.

While one team spoke the other listened with interest, by putting all attention, but report: It matters what my partner said.

air of confidence and it is said, was ultimately more important than the arguments!

Great Orator- Chief Judge senior judge, an old and good debater in public, responsible for one of the oldest clubs, cons parliamentarians, explained at the end. The most important is finally the break. And we can not talk without stopping quickly, he has demonstrated, without letting the audience absorb the arguments.

"You can never be too clear!"

Less is more. Let absorb each time they say.

To culminate all this, we had the pleasure of listening to some minutes, a parliamentarian, I believe government Minister, speaking just a few minutes. Then he answered at length, several other issues raised by the audience.

This time it was a fantastic example of how to do it.

Great Orator-6  Before offering the prize
Dominic Grieve, "Attornay General of His Majesty, educated initially at the Lycée Charles de Gaulle
He spoke confidently of course, but increasingly also with pauses . But even more important For me, he used in his answers personal stories. Examples that we have to live with him his own experience, and then understand his point of view.

confirmation for me of the importance of stories.

Okay, short stories, well told, so included in the responses that we have made him sympathetic and as if the subject had been well understood.

"It's good to discuss, something interesting emerges at the end." he told us.

Yesterday evening I was a bit afraid to go there, I'm delighted you did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment