Saturday, January 24, 2009

How Do You Get Free Costumes At Poptropica

ideas in the selection of ideas ... Web 2.0

This message is available on the new blog from this link

After controversy of last week back in a more interesting subject, that of lean six sigma.

The last time I presented what I was doing the mind map and how it allowed me to go back to "roots causes" of problems. As I said this mind map is often used as a fishbone. I take this opportunity to inform you that the software XMind became free. This allows you to make mind maps. It is very effective to achieve "beautiful" mind maps for powerpoint presentations. In particular you can find models of the fishbone type like this:


Today we will see the following steps of the phase "Improve" ...

The brainstorming session:

I will let you surf right to left to go into detail the brainstorm for my part I will just give you a few things that I think are important.
one hand it is essential to prepare the meeting. This includes some ideas before the brainstorming session. On the one hand it allows you to properly get back into the mind map and head to remind you of the problems that everyone had cast. On the other hand if the brainstorming "Shall", that is, if nobody wants to engage in discussion, at least it gives you an initial idea on which others can bounce back.

It is also very important to educate people around the table on the basic rules to follow during the meeting, namely:
Do not judge ideas. For example, what I am saying is that if someone expresses an opinion on any idea (it has already done it does not work! Is impossible to implement! It will not work!. .. etc..) it has the duty to express two ideas on the same issue! I can assure you AC cooled as the most austere! ;-)
It is important to note that the brainstorming phase is only used to generate ideas. We're still not whether we will implement them. This is another step.

For these brainstorming sessions, personally I recommend not to include in the team hierarchy. The presence of supervisors may inhibit some people and thus make the session completely unsuccessful.

Regarding the course of brainstorming himself personally, I plan on a screen and my mind map as and when new ideas, add branches to my mind map by adding a small "bulb" like this one:
(for the session braintorming using freemind seems to me more appropriate)

Once you have gone through all the "roots causes" and you've posted ideas for improvements, the brainstorming session must be a synthesis.


Synthesis and restitution:

During the brainstorming session, many ideas have been expressed (hopefully ;-). It is therefore necessary to synthesize all these ideas. Synthesize the ideas that is to review every order to draw the outline. For example you have ideas for process improvements by adding control manuals. You will also be improvements to the information system ... etc.. We must therefore make combination of ideas so that the whole is more "digestible." Once you have gathered your ideas by topic so you can resume excel in a matrix that will allow you to note their impact and feasibility as this one:

Once you have built this template, you will go see each person who participated in the brainstorming meeting and you would asked to rate the level of impact it considers each of the many ideas in mind to recall the context and the problem to solve. Important point: avoid in your system notes the safe haven (core values), for example if you request a score of 0 to 10: Prohibit note 5. Personally I score of 1 to 4.

Feasibility Matrix \\ impact:
Once you've made the rounds of all the people you have notes on the themes and ideas on the detail of each theme. So you can make an average grade cast. Concerning the feasibility

: it has no need to be increased the trial of each person. For the feasibility you must stay on the factual: Does this can be put in place overnight. Does it have to require a full project? Is it necessary to launch applications for investment? ... Etc..

Now all your ideas and themes are noted, so you can inject it all in "Minitab" and generate the matrix feasibility \\ impact like this:


This matrix shows very clearly that they are ideas to implement priority. There is more than! ;-)

Now that you know how do I actually am going to express what I feel about the robustness of this method. It has not escaped you that the brainstorming session and scoring that follows uses a lot of subjectivity. Indeed we are here on transactional processes, we are not on a assembly line. Also it is difficult to quantify the benefit of ideas from experimental design and other correlation coefficient.
During my LSS projects, when I was asked to present this kind of matrix management saying but if you put that in place of how we will improve the process ... My answer: I do not know! What is certain is that if things are not quantifiable method is no less robust! I said:
When you make a mind map: you review all the roots involved. Then during the brainstorming session you fit all the ideas on improving the roots causes. Subjectivity transpire during this brainstorming session ... and rightly so! But then the method of scoring objectivity reintroduced since those notes when ideas are detached from the membership of the idea (originally issued during the brainstorming session). Thus the overall scoring is the interest usually prevails.
So for me this method is infallible! And the results have always been there to visit! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment